With seven days left in Argentina, I’ve been gently reminding myself that shorts will not always be appropriate December attire. In fact, I’ll likely have to ditch the tube tops, sandals, and sun-tan while I’m at it – but until I board that mammoth of a flying machine on December 16, aint nobody raining on my skimpy-clothes-wearing parade.
Though, when I do find myself in weather that doesn’t require keeping Copper-tone 45 in my purse within the next week, I already know that I’m going to be wishing I had one, or all of these coats from Brics‘ most recent collection. Each one is just so very, very right.
To accompany these winter wears, here’s a little winter-ish mix I put together of songs I’ve been playing non stop around here. Tranquil with a few pops of funk and spice – only the best kind of December music, right? Warning: this mix has nothing to do with eggnog, reindeer, weather outside being frightful, and (hopefully) no where will you hear the words Holly, Jolly, or Christmas. Not that I’m opposed to sleighride jingles, this just isn’t that kind of jam.
1. Wood – Rostam
2. You’re listening to the Worlds – Belleruche
3. Everything is Burning – Ivan & Alyosha
4. Girl from the North Country – Mina Tindle
5. Holocene – Bon Iver
6. We went wild – Lord Huron
7. The other side of Mt. Heart Attack – Liars
8. Everything in its right place – Radiohead
9. Diet Mountain Dew – Lana del Rey
10. You and I – Washed Out
11. Backseat – John Bryan Appleby
12. I Hope you Die – Wye Oak
13. Open Season – High Highs
14. Working on a Dream – Wintercoats
Download it here and enjoy! If you like what you hear and are feeling in that holiday giving spirit, support the artists and buy a song, or an album or five. Cheers.