I don’t remember being a very adventurous kid. I never climbed trees or rode my bike without a helmet, and I certainly never hoisted a bandana full of food tied to a stick over my left shoulder with the intention of running away (did anyone besides Huckleberry Finn do that?). I also developed a fear of heights not soon after a tearful ferris wheel experience right around the time my adult teeth started beaming their crooked way through my gums. Needless to say, I was no thrill seeking tot.
As of late, however, I’ve been feeling some growing pains in my adventure bones. I crave newness, spontaneity and quality time with new corners of the globe. I find myself embracing constant reflection, redefinition, and change. So while I sit here contemplating the ways I can revamp and reinterpret every facet of my life along a sliding scale, download this music mix of my favorite cover songs and see for yourself how far a little bit of change can go.
2. Seven Nation Army – Ben L’Oncle Soul (White Stripes cover)
3. Femme Fatale – Aloe Blacc (The Velvet Underground cover)
4. Postcards from Italy – Florence + the Machine (Beirut cover)
5. Limit to your love – James Blake (Feist cover)
6. Girl from the north country – Mina Tindle (Bob Dylan cover)
7. I can’t make you love me – Bon Iver (Bonnie Raitt cover)
8. I want you back – The Civil Wars (Jackson 5 cover)
9. Flightless bird, American mouth – Sam Keating Flynn (Iron & Wine cover)
10. Free Fallin’ – John Mayer (Tom Petty)
11. Mother and child reunion – The Morning Benders (Simon and Garfunkel cover)
12. Don’t think twice it’s alright – Metric (Boy Dylan cover)
13. Reckoner – Gnarles Barkley (Radiohead cover)
[if you like what you hear, change the way you listen to music and support these artists by buying their song or album!]